College Admissions Essays

I am applying to two colleges I am sure I would be happy at for either. They are Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin (Pioneers) and the Univeristy of Maine at Farmington (Beavers). Farmington requires two essays - one about family or to explain something that might be unclear and the second is either a personal statement or a essay of personal choice.


So I wrote about History Day and how it has made me a better person, a better writer, a better researcher. It's almost done which means I get to send it off as soon as the editing is done. Yay for having a second college application sent off! (I sent North Central College's application off in July.)

Carroll requires a personal statement. Which makes me want to know, how personal do they want it to be. I mean, I know they want to know my academic goals which I have no problem describing, but it's not personal. I mean, my goal to be a creative writing professor is not something entirely unique is it - at least for someone going to major in writing? So now I'm wondering how to make it personal and also get across what my goals are. We'll see how that goes.

I'll keep you posted.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers